Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-25 11:13:23
Ralph wrote:

I meant to mention a barmy idea about dropping a "welcome" email on the
unsuspecting.

Or add the welcome to the output of install-mh(1)?  Its output is
brief enough now that it shouldn't be lost.  Question is whether new
users use install-mh, though if they don't, they probably don't need
a welcome.

I do have some issues with install-mh, such as -check only looks for
~/.mh_profile (or $MH if set), but I don't think that's relevant.

A similar thing, but on a new release with essentially the NEWS of
changes?  We could track whether they've had the welcome, and 1.6's
NEWS, in ~/mail, and the above scripter could block them all by creating
a file or setting an option.

I'm warming up to the idea.  Though I'm not sure what should trigger it.

David