Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-25 11:57:36
Laura wrote:

I interpreted this to mean local sysadmins at the site where you are
running nmh, i.e. somebody at Chalmers University, not you people.  If
you want to hear from people, I think you need to be a whole lot more
welcoming.

How about this, in nmh(7) and the output from install-mh(1):

BUGS
   Send bug reports, questions, suggestions, and patches to nmh-
   workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org.  That mailing list is relatively quiet, so
user
   questions are encouraged.  Users are also encouraged to subscribe.

   If problems are encountered with an nmh program, they should be
   reported to the local maintainers of nmh, if any, or to the mailing
   list noted above.  When doing this, the name of the program should be
   reported, along with the version information for the program.

   To find out what version of an nmh program is being run, invoke the
   program with the -version switch.  This prints the version of nmh, the
   host it was compiled on, and the date the program was linked.

   New releases and other information of potential interest are announced
   at http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/ .

This is one place where I would like a link to documentation, at some
master site, (so you can read it even if the docs never made it to
where they are supposed to be for your distro.)

Unfortunately, there isn't such a site.  If the man pages didn't get
installed, that's a packaging problem.  Modern nmh should be easier for
packagers to deal with than older versions.

Ralph wrote:

% Is it worth having an mh man page (or did it used to be MH?) that either
% explains the transition, or is simply another name for nmh(7).

Looks like mh 6.8.5 docs had an MH page, I'll add it as an alias for nmh(7).
Most of the BUGS section of the nmh man page came directly from it.

David