Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-25 15:02:58
laura wrote:
In a message of Sun, 25 Sep 2016 14:05:15 -0400, Paul Fox writes:
david wrote:
Paul wrote:

any reason we couldn't in principle have a separate git tree on
savannah just for "compiled" man pages, and other docs?

Is there really a need?

true, i wondered that too.

And a separate tree is more likely to get out of sync.

i figured it would only be built at "new release announce" time.

paul

Problem:  I didn't know that replyfilter and docs/contrib/replyfilter
existed.

I'd like a solution where <some-mh-command> -version pointed me at something
that told me that this existed.

yes, i understand (though i didn't really, before).

we could easily enhance mh-chart(7) and/or nmh(7) to describe some of
the doc/contrib contents.  alternatively, we should move the important
members of doc/contrib (mainly, replyfilter) somewhere where it
wouldn't be "untraditional" to give it/them a man page.  perhaps
replyfilter should move to libexec.

hmm.  i see that not everything in libexec has a man page.  that seems
worth thinking about as well.

in the same vein, if there's anything in the doc/nmh/README* files
that should be more accessible, we should try and fix that as well.

paul