Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-26 18:34:15

On Sep 25, 2016, at 11:52 AM, Laura Creighton <lac(_at_)openend(_dot_)se>
wrote:

If we have a git page, and this for browsing the source
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git

then we ought to find it easy to make the docs as git-browsable as
the code, no?

No, if the man pages are lacking, we need to fix that.

If there is real demand for an "nmh User Guide" I'm pretty sure we can cook one
up.  And have long thought we should.  But it needs to be part of the core
distribution, and formatted using troff, just like the rest of the
documentation.

Linking to documentation on web sites is a non-starter.  MH is, by definition,
an "off line" MUA, and many of us use it that way.  Being denied access to the
documentation because we don't have a live Internet connection is just silly.

--lyndon