Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-25 13:55:44
In a message of Sun, 25 Sep 2016 12:57:19 -0400, David Levine writes:

How about this, in nmh(7) and the output from install-mh(1):

BUGS
  Send bug reports, questions, suggestions, and patches to nmh-
  workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org.  That mailing list is relatively quiet, so
user
  questions are encouraged.  Users are also encouraged to subscribe.

  If problems are encountered with an nmh program, they should be
  reported to the local maintainers of nmh, if any, or to the mailing
  list noted above.  When doing this, the name of the program should be
  reported, along with the version information for the program.

  To find out what version of an nmh program is being run, invoke the
  program with the -version switch.  This prints the version of nmh, the
  host it was compiled on, and the date the program was linked.

  New releases and other information of potential interest are announced
  at http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/ .

This looks good to me.

This is one place where I would like a link to documentation, at some
master site, (so you can read it even if the docs never made it to
where they are supposed to be for your distro.)

Unfortunately, there isn't such a site.  If the man pages didn't get
installed, that's a packaging problem.  Modern nmh should be easier for
packagers to deal with than older versions.

Ah, I was talking about the case where there is a man page, but no
user documentation.  Lots of places I go don't install the documentation
everywhere, just some places.

If we have a git page, and this for browsing the source
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git

then we ought to find it easy to make the docs as git-browsable as
the code, no?

Laura