Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-28 11:25:54
ken wrote:
I think times when it would be useful to have the man pages rendered on
the web include

I think making this available on the web, in addition to the normal
man pages included with the distribution, would be great.  I'm just not
sure of the rendering method, and where to put it (I guess we could put
it in the nmh web pages that are stored on Savannah).

the cheapskate way out would be to simply provide a link to one or
more external sites, similar to the one ralph just referenced:
    https://manned.org/browse/debian-jessie/nmh/1.6-2

i have no idea if manned.org would have policy issues with that.

ubuntu and freebsd have the pages online too, but i don't find the
convenient view-by-package index that manned.org has.  maybe linking
to mh-chart would be the answer:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mh-chart&sektion=7&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+10.3-RELEASE+and+Ports
    http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/en/man7/mh-chart.7mh.html

obviously the link(s) on savannah would have to be updated
periodically.  (keeping a set of links to the last several mh releases
might be helpful as well.)

paul