Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-26 20:56:26
Weeelll ... are you volunteering to write a nmh User Guide? :-)

No.  But I might edit one.

don't think the issue is troff know-how, or packaging ... it's getting
someone to sit down, fingers to keyboard, and type out a clear document.

As a start, what do we have for prior art that has been let go by the previous
copyright holders?  We have (I think) three people on this mailing list who are
authors of non-trivial works.  Culling those into a single, new, document,
could work well.  But something under 400 pages would be nice.  What I envision
is a 20-30 page concise user guide that explains the basics of using MH,
practically.  Enough to set people off on an adventure, if they want to go
there.

As far as I know, there is no nmh package that does not include man
pages; if there is one, that should be fixed (is there one?)

Exactly.

--lyndon