Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-29 21:18:01

On Sep 29, 2016, at 7:09 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

First, I see plenty of intro man pages around that provide pointers
to more details, so there is prior art.

intro(2) on any BSD distribution is a good example of what an intro(x) manpage
should look like.  But they are far from tutorials on how to write UNIX code.

Secondly, I have no object at all to an nmh user guide.  My question
is, once again ... who is writing it?

Not anyone who would consider writing it as a manpage.  I have already said I
would edit a guide together.  There's enough good material out there that we
don't need to write (much) if we can consolidate the existing works.

Certainly things will need an update, but that's a relatively small delta
against the existing works (again, if we can use them).

--lyndon