Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-26 21:14:15
As a start, what do we have for prior art that has been let go by the
previous copyright holders?  We have (I think) three people on this
mailing list who are authors of non-trivial works.  Culling those into a
single, new, document, could work well.  But something under 400 pages
would be nice.  What I envision is a 20-30 page concise user guide that
explains the basics of using MH, practically.  Enough to set people off
on an adventure, if they want to go there.

Well, I just looked; Jerry Peek's original MH book is now under the
GPL.  So we can crib from that I think, as long as proper attribution
is given.  I am not aware of others?  There's the original RAND/UCI
documentation as well, but I don't know how relevant that is.