Re: [Nmh-workers] Having configure Check for cc's -pedantic -ansi.

2016-10-24 17:20:24
Ralph wrote:

I found the build on Mac OS X failed.  build_nmh prompted `[n]' for TLS,
which I accepted with Enter.  That stopped --with-tls getting to
./configure;  good.  But configure defaults to yes, I think,

Yes, it did.  I just committed a change to do this:

    By default (with_tls=''), enable TLS if header and libs were found.
    If TLS requested (--with-tls with_tls=yes), error if header/lib not found.
    If TLS disabled (--without-tls with_tls=no), don't enable it.

That's analogous to what configure.ac does for OAUTH support.  I
reviewed the OAUTH support, it looks good to me.  So that just leaves
the SASL support.  It currently defaults to no.  I'm thinking that
we could do the same thing with it:  obey yes and no, and default
to yes only if the header and lib are found.

David