Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now available!

2017-08-03 07:18:45
Hello Ken,

Ken Hornstein writes:
[...]
I am pleased to announce that after three years we are finally starting
the release cycle for nmh 1.7 and the first release candidate is now
available!  You can download it here:

    http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/nmh/nmh-1.7-RC1.tar.gz

[...]

That's great! Thank you and to all nmh developers involved in it!

The release has a large number of bug fixes and new features.  The NEWS
file included in the distribution has a reasonably complete list of the
significant changes.

If you encounter any problems or issues with this release candidate, please
don't hesitate to contact us at nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org.

I have just updated the nmh pkgsrc package (mail/nmh) in pkgsrc-wip
to 1.7-RC1 - available as wip/nmh - to ease testing and then update
mail/nmh when it will be released.

For the moment I haven't find any problems/issues with 1.7-RC1 but
I'll surely report them (the only "issue" that maybe will bite
other nmh package maintainers was the configure's --sysconfdir (if
for previous release they already passed a nmh/ subdirectory, like
we did for pkgsrc) argument semantic change, but luckily it was
very easy to debug and documented in NEWS! :))

Thank you very much again!