Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now available!

2017-08-03 08:21:44
SHA-1 and SHA-256 might be what folks are more used to checking against.
The more encrypted traffic the better, was my thinking.

I guess I was thinking if the concern is the distribution has been
compromised by attackers they could produce a bogus hash file, but not
a GPG signature (at least hopefully not one signed by me).

BTW, how did you compress the tar file?  I was checking to see if it
could be made smaller, out of curiosity, and gzip 1.8-2 here could only
make the tar file bigger regardless of the -{1..9} option.

Well, I just did a "make dist", which as I read it just invokes "gzip"
without any additional options (but it does set the GZIP variable, which
sets --best).  The gzip I used claims to be:

% gzip --version
Apple gzip 264.50.1