Re: [Nmh-workers] Announcing the release of nmh-1.7

2017-11-20 09:55:52
Hi Ken,

The problem is ... if I include all of these in the To: line I can
tell you from experience that you get a LOT of replies to all of those
lists.  Which doesn't make people happy.

Good point.

Reply-to isn't good enough either; people still send to all of them.

Yep, and Mail-Followup-To also isn't checked by some MUAs.  :-)

And I suspect the moderator(s) for those lists might be busy;

Or just have the list configured to not bother them.  You might have to
ping the -owner addresses to check their queue;  if it's not configured
to `discard'?  :-(

I guess I could write some tooling that sends the announcement to each
of those lists individually

Sorry, I don't have a better idea.

--
Cheers, Ralph.