Re: [Nmh-workers] Announcing the release of nmh-1.7

2017-11-20 09:38:46
In the future should I list all mailing lists on the To: line, or just
list nmh-workers and Dcc: the rest of them?

If there's not too many, nmh-announce, nmh-workers, exmh-something?,
then list them all.  I think too many is also a positive spam indicator.
:-(  Still, at least it's shaking out the bugs!

The official list from docs/README.developers is:

     nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org
     nmh-announce(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org
     exmh-users(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com
     exmh-workers(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com
     mh-e-users(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net

The problem is ... if I include all of these in the To: line I can tell
you from experience that you get a LOT of replies to all of those lists.
Which doesn't make people happy.  Reply-to isn't good enough either;
people still send to all of them.  And I suspect the moderator(s) for
those lists might be busy; the announcement hasn't shown up yet on a lot
of them.  I guess I could write some tooling that sends the announcement
to each of those lists individually, nmh, after all, is supposed to be
scriptable!  I'm open to suggestions here.

Nmh-workers