Re: [Nmh-workers] Announcing the release of nmh-1.7

2017-11-19 14:36:52
Ken - do you have handy the To: line *as it left your local machine*?  I
suspect the flaky here is very dependent on exact placement of blanks
and other special chars...

If you look here:

        ftp://lists.gnu.org/nmh-workers/2017-11

I am pretty sure this is an accurate representation of my To: line

To: nmh-announce: ;, nmh-workers@nongnu.org

More importantly, this is how it was seen at nmh-workers, and it seems
it was after that point that the problem manifested.  And I think Ralph
has it narrowed down; it's the group form followed by another email address
which is the problem.

I just double-checked RFC 5322, and as far as I know this is valid.
Specifically, "To:" is defined as having an address-list:

        address-list = (address *("," address)) / obs-addr-list

And the other relevant bits are:

        address = mailbox / group
        group = display-name ":" [group-list] ";" [CFWS]

Looks like we're in the right on this one.  I can't help remarking that
the 1.6 release announcement broke MHonARC mailing list archives, because of
the RFC 2231 MIME parameter encoding.  I wonder what the next release
announcement will break? :-)

Nmh-workers