Re: [Nmh-workers] Announcing the release of nmh-1.7

2017-11-19 14:09:34
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:27:19 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:

The `To' header on the email I received was interesting.

   To: nmh-announce: ;, ""@ruis.pair.com, nmh-workers@nongnu.org

Sigh.  I wonder which piece of software did that?

Whatever did it, it is apparently a widespread method of re-writing of the
line..

To: nmh-announce: ;;@gmail-imap.l.google.com, nmh-workers@nongnu.org

Makes me think that a lot of mailservers are canonalizing by adding
'@my.address' to anything that doesn't have an @ on it already.

So they deal OK with the nmh-announce:  part, and then the ; standing
by itself gets treated as 'non-alphabetic local mailbox name' and gets
hit with the local server's fqdn....

Ken - do you have handy the To: line *as it left your local machine*?
I suspect the flaky here is very dependent on exact placement of
blanks and other special chars...

Though I have to admit I don't have enough caffeine in hand to
delve into the parse tables as given in the RFCs at the moment...

Nmh-workers