Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's `make clean' is Overzealous.

2017-12-06 21:46:42
Ken wrote:

Just so I'm clear, it seems to me that you can override the doc directory
by the use of --docdir, right?

Right.

But .... from what you said, openssh does NOT hardcode the 'ssh' append in
their configure.ac/Makefile.* for sysconfdir, it's just their _package_
(e.g., the RPM spec file) that does it, right?  That seems to be following
the GNU recommendations.

Does it?

With ./configure and no options, openssh's libexec is:

    /usr/local/libexec/

(I just tried it.)

With Fedora's configure setting in the spec file, it's:

    /usr/libexec/openssh/

I'm trying to see what the problem is with that.

Re-litigation of Lyndon's decision, and Ralph's points that support it.

David

--
Nmh-workers