Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

2018-02-10 11:40:36
Hi Ken,

It turns out this was introduced post-1.6, so I don't think many
people have encountered it yet. Anyway, I just committed a fix (and I
cherry- picked it to the 1.7 branch).  If you could check to make sure
that the fix works for you, I'd appreciate it.

There's good news, and bad news.
Good news is, maximum RSS doesn't run away.

    $ git describe
    1.7-branchpoint-490-g42db3a2c
    $ for n in 1 10 100 1000 10000; do
    >     \time -f %M uip/scan last:$n >/dev/null
    > done
    3264
    3156
    3248
    3348
    double free or corruption (!prev)
    Command terminated by signal 6
    3456
    $

Six is ABRT.  Have you tried `make check' with valgrind?
I can create problems around a certain kosher email in my +inbox, but a
simpler case doesn't have problems.  I'll try and dig further.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

--