Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

2018-02-10 12:37:36
Hi Paul,

note that coverity is free for open source projects. it tends to find
more and smaller things than are obviously fatal, but it does
prioritize them. my friends in the freebsd project say that they run
it once a week and chip away at the worst findings. MH could do the
same.

That's one of the things I used in the past.
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/nmh  I had to stop because the code
they ship to package up the data to submit broke around `_Float128' when
I upgraded from gcc 7.1.1-4, glibc 2.25-7 to gcc 7.2.0-2, glibc 2.26-3.
I emailed them with full details, and heard nothing once they worked out
I wasn't a paying user.

I thought once the rest of the world caught up with Arch then they'd
have RHEL users complaining and fix it, assuming they missed the
opportunity to fix it in advance.  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy