Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from

2019-07-06 16:13:29
How exactly are you submitting email?  smtp, sendmail/smtp, or sendmail/pipe?

sendmail/pipe, the reduced functionality one.  But if I telnet 25 it
seems to invoke exim directly, and changing my mts.conf to 'smtp'
(server was already localhost) accordingly seems to work.

.. and the envelope-from is now correctly 'role@thirdparty.org', so all
appears to be fine from just making that switch to smtp.

Is there anything potentially problematic I should be aware of about
invoking via smtp like this, instead of pipe?

Otherwise thanks very much for a very quick solution!

C.