Re: [nmh-workers] logging outgoing messages

2019-07-09 19:40:54

Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:
    > - It is not clear to me that you can state with certainly that the
    > 250 response code will contain the queue identifier (that is, in
    > fact, not a concept that appears anywhere that I can find in the SMTP
    > RFCs).  As a practical matter I've never had to give anyone the queue
    > identifier of a message (because it's not normally logged on the

I have both asked for it and provided it when debugging bizarre situations.

Could we log the entire result, and let the post hook take care of the
various queue formats?

    > I am neutral about this being made to work with sendmail/pipe; it would
    > actually be a lot of work to do that.  We could just accept that it is
    > one more thing that doesn't work with sendmail/pipe.

slowly, that interface is dying. I have mixed feelings about that.