[nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from

2019-07-06 11:27:09
Quick question: any suggestion where I should start looking for stuff to
do with envelope-from in my outgoing emails?  Does this entry in the
very first Received: header in my outgoing emails come from NMH or exim4
(which provides my sendmail)?

          (envelope-from <me@my.private.address>)
          id blahblahblah
          for someone@else.org; Sat, 06 Jul 2019 16:55:48 +0100

I've been given a third party email account to use, with an appalling
webmail interface, and while I can fetchmail from it using IMAP and get
exim4 to route via its SMTP host, I'm not masquerading perfectly when I
edit a "From: role@thirdparty.org" into my outgoing email in NMM: the
emails that go out still have an "envelope-from: me@my.private.address"
in them.  Looks as if it's added as they go from NMH to exim4/sendmail.

I saw some discussion in the archives of an Envelope-from header, but it
appears to have no effect.

Anybody have something like this working better?

C.