Re: [nmh-workers] logging outgoing messages

2019-07-09 19:48:08
Could we log the entire result, and let the post hook take care of the
various queue formats?

That was what I suggested.  Clearly nmh shouldn't be in the business of
figuring out what (if any) the queue identifier is based on the SMTP
DATA response message.

   > I am neutral about this being made to work with sendmail/pipe; it would
   > actually be a lot of work to do that.  We could just accept that it is
   > one more thing that doesn't work with sendmail/pipe.

slowly, that interface is dying. I have mixed feelings about that.

If I could make sendmail/pipe punch the user in the face every time a
message was sent using it, I would.  Sadly, that does not seem possible
given the current constraints of POSIX.