Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-01 10:34:37
Hi Norm,

So I have to switch to Gmail and therefore have to fetch messages from
Gmail to nmh (that is, the maildrop) and send messages to Gmail from
nmh.

Are you still sticking with the dad.org domain name when sending your
emails, or will you be gaining a new ...@gmail.com email address?

How do you currently fetch messages so they reach nmh?
For example, inc(1) has POP3 support, or some use a non-nmh program like
fetchmail(1).  If we know what you currently use then we can try and
minimise the changes.

Is there somewhere that the basic ideas of using nmh with Gmail are
discussed?

Well, until those that know better arrive, there's mhlogin(1) that's all
about gaining the credentials that allow nmh to access Gmail when
running send(1).  And send's man page briefly mentions Gmail as an aside
when explaining another feature.  But I think getting from those to a
working system will need more assistance from this list.

What's the output of ‘inc -version’ as some features you may need are
only in later versions of nmh.

--
Cheers, Ralph.