Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-04 12:55:34
I wonder if somebody might be willing to tell me the exact arguments
to inc and to send for getting mail from and to Gmail, given that
my Gmail username is Normanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com and password is
foobar. Also, what, if anything, do I need to do with mhlogin.

To start out some testing, for inc I'd do something like:

% inc -host pop.gmail.com -port 995 -initialtls -sasl -user
Normanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com

If it is all working right, you should get a prompt asking you for a password
and that's where you enter "foobar".  (Let's not muddy the waters with
putting the password in a file right now).

For send it is probably something like:

send -server smtp.gmail.com -port 587 -tls -sasl -user
Normanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com

Again, should ask you for a password if things go right.

If things go WRONG, then add "-snoop" to the above lines and post the output.

Don't do anything with mhlogin at this time.