nmh-workers

Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-04 14:11:55
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:
With inc, I got a core dump without and with the -snoop. The output,
with the -snoop. is below. I don't think I should send the 2.4 megabyte
core dump to the whole group, but if you want me to, I will send it to
you.

Sigh.  This is the nmh you compiled yourself, right?

Yes, I did.

In theory that
shouldn't have mattered.  I don't think the core file will help very much
because without the exact system and executable you are using I probably
wouldn't be able to make use of it.

Anyway ... if you didn't compile everything with -g, could you add -g
to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, and then run the same inc command under gdb?
If you did compile with -g already, running "gdb `which inc' core" and
then getting a backtrace (using the "bt" command) would be helpful.
Actaully, that might be useful to get a function name even without further
debugging symbols.

I'm not certain what you want me to do next. I have never run a program under
gdb and I don't know whether at this point in my senility I could. Maybe all
you need is my copy of inc and the core dump??

I compiled nmh with the defaults. That is, I just did a make.

file /usr/local/nmh/bin/inc yields:

/usr/local/nmh/bin/inc: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
/dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, not stripped

At this point, I'm getting scared. My present Internet provider will soon cut
me off. I will then be without Email, even to get assistance from you or
anybody else.

    Norman Shapiro