Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-02 10:12:22
I now fetch my mail using fetchmail. But I have no particular brief for
fetchmail. I don't remember why I started using it more than 20 years ago.
Probably because I didn't know any better.

Forgive me if my first note was harsh; you're welcome to ask questions
about fetchmail here.  It's just that our focus is not really fetchmail.

And, well, there's an obvious reason why you probably started using
fetchmail; for a very long time we didn't have very good POP support
in inc.  But I've spent a lot of effort improving that over the years,
because for some strange reason I think a MUA should actually work with
modern email configurations :-)  I think a lot of people are in this
boat; they got something working 20 years ago and didn't see a reason
to change.

If you want to get things working with GMail and inc directly, I know
several people have it working here (I also did some testing with it).
Really, if you have your username & password for GMail, I hope my
previous note provided you enough information to get it going.  If it
isn't working, let us know (note: if it doesn't work, start with -snoop).