Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-04 15:08:03
I'm not certain what you want me to do next. I have never run a program under
gdb and I don't know whether at this point in my senility I could. Maybe all
you need is my copy of inc and the core dump??

Weeeelll ... you could try sending both the inc and the core dump to me
privately and I can try looking at this.  But I don't think this should
be hard.  And Ralph brings up the issue that you don't seem to be running
the inc that you built, since it shows a build date from last year.

Let's try the following steps.  Go into your nmh build directory and
do the following things:

% make clean
% ./configure CFLAGS=-g LDFLAGS=-g
% make
% gdb uip/inc
(gdb) run -host pop.gmail.com -port 995 -initialtls -sasl -user
Normanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com
[... You should get a notification of a segfault ...]
(gdb) bt

At this point, I'm getting scared. My present Internet provider will soon cut
me off. I will then be without Email, even to get assistance from you or
anybody else.

I think GMail should provide a web mail interface, where you can go to
a web page and read/send email.  What kind of time frame are we talking
about?