Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-04 13:40:53
With inc, I got a core dump without and with the -snoop. The output,
with the -snoop. is below. I don't think I should send the 2.4 megabyte
core dump to the whole group, but if you want me to, I will send it to
you.

Sigh.  This is the nmh you compiled yourself, right?  In theory that
shouldn't have mattered.  I don't think the core file will help very much
because without the exact system and executable you are using I probably
wouldn't be able to make use of it.

Anyway ... if you didn't compile everything with -g, could you add -g
to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, and then run the same inc command under gdb?
If you did compile with -g already, running "gdb `which inc' core" and
then getting a backtrace (using the "bt" command) would be helpful.
Actaully, that might be useful to get a function name even without further
debugging symbols.