Re: nmh imap gpg

2020-01-08 09:20:05
john doe wrote in <fa19c149-80c1-52ca-f007-a450f10b03aa(_at_)mail(_dot_)com>:
 |Hello all, and thank you for your answers.
 |
 |On 1/8/2020 3:07 PM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
 |> Hi John,
 |>
 |>> As far as I understand it, NMH can not be used directly with IMAP,so I
 |>> would like to use FDM for this.
 |>
 |> For those of us that didn't know, or have forgotten, FDM is a
 |> fetchmail(1)-alike.  https://github.com/nicm/fdm#readme
 |
 |Is there any alternative to fdm for imap that works well with NMH?

What do you mean by that?  My MUA inherited IMAP support from its
predecessor Heirloom mailx (now S-nail for some more time), it is
primitive but usable.  Error handling and recovery of that entire
"module" is primitive / non-existing, i.e., for superior
scriptable access.  But beside that it is a basic yet functional
IMAP implementation.

(It actually has even some neat ideas, like a local IMAP cache.
But these will vanish in the future.)

 |>> John Doe
 |>

 |Are you refering to the signature?
 |
 |> You may be interested to know that the mailing list got a few, not many,
 |> bounces from subscribers because they thought your email was spam;
 |> I suspect it was the moniker that triggered them, though things like the
 |> all-CAPS subject raised the score here.
 |>

 |At the time I created this e-mail address, I thought that using "john
 |doe" was a good idea, now that I'm using this e-mail more and more, it
 |became apparent that I neglected spam filtering! :)
 |
 |Sorry about that.
 |
 |P.S.
 |
 |Duly noted for not capitalizing subject anymore.

 --End of <fa19c149-80c1-52ca-f007-a450f10b03aa(_at_)mail(_dot_)com>

--steffen