Re: Mail Spams

1995-10-28 20:11:29
On Sat, 28 Oct 1995, Jonathan Blake wrote:

Hello.  I recieved the following email message on two mailing lists

      So did you have to resend the thing, in its all of its stupid
      glory, to smartlist & procmail list?

Ditto.  There's nothing worse than spammers...well, almost nothing....

      ON TOPIC QUESTION

      Can somebody give me a recipe, so that spams like
      this are sent to /dev/null/ without my looking at them?

I'm sure someone else (D.T.) can come up with a more reliable one...but
I've just added the following to my .procmailrc:

:0:
* ^Subject.*=>> FREE 1 yr. Magazine Sub
* B ?? recently started using a magazine
junk-mail

Note...that this has only been lightly tested...and "appears to work".
No guarantees.  I was a little worried about the =>> in the subject, but
I did forward a copy to myself and saw it get saved to junk-mail.

 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK
 jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)chem(_dot_)ufl(_dot_)edu |  But please ask before
sending
 http://inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu |  unsolicited huge files.

_____Finger jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)chem(_dot_)ufl(_dot_)edu for PGP
public key_____