why dead.letter?

1996-08-15 08:08:30

This recipe generates a dead.letter file every time it runs.
Is there some way I can stop it from doing that?  It must
be connected with the WHOSENT business, which I only added
because I didn't know how else to end the recipe (how to
make it mail the letter).

What this does is notify the people who are still using an
old list name/list address that the address has changed.

:0
* ^TOold-listname
        {
        WHOSENT=`formail -xFrom:`;

        # preface the quoted message with the address-change note

        :0fb
        |(cat $HOME/address.change; sed -e 's/^/\> /')

        # add subject line

        :0fh
        |formail -r -I"Subject: LISTNAME AUTO-REPLY (address has changed)"
\
          -I"X-Loop: $LOGNAME(_at_)$HOST";

        # mail the damn thing

        :0