Re: why dead.letter?

1996-08-16 12:20:56
Kevin Kelleher wrote:
Incidentally, I found a good way to test what formail does -
certainly obvious, but one that didn't occur to me to use to
test your suggestion.  If you save an email to a file, you can
pipe it to formail and see what it does:

  cat testmail | formail -rtzxTo:

and see what pops out.

Even easier, to see what's going on in a pipe like:
        | thing1 | stuff2 | foo3 | bar4
just use "tee -a"; easy to insert and remove:
        | thing1 | stuff2 | tee -a testmail | foo3 | bar4
(in principle you'd now want to lock this recipe; if just testing,
you may not care.)  This also works at either end of the pipe.

Cheers,
Stan Ryckman (stanr(_at_)tiac(_dot_)net).