Re: an unofficial procmail/smartlist webpage

1996-12-31 09:38:16
On Dec 30, 14:35, Wotan wrote:
Subject: Re: an unofficial procmail/smartlist webpage
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, era eriksson wrote:

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996 23:13:49 -0800, Scott Hirsch
<ww(_at_)windworld(_dot_)com>
wrote:
 > Thanks for all who voiced their frustration at finding a shortage of
 > basic newbie info on Procmail and Smartlist, and who kindly replied with
 > offers of help.

In reference to this general topic, it surprises me that nobody has
yet (as far as I've noticed) mentioned Nancy McGough's "Filtering Mail
FAQ". This is a very thorough, very easy (albeit detailed)
step-by-step instruction for getting started with Procmail (among
other programs).

Actually, someone did mention it.  The comments were that it was too hard
to follow and required more than a novice's knowledge of UNIX.

Well, I think there's some conceptual overlap involved -- the more
you understand about UNIX the more likely it is that procmail will
make sense.  Heck, it's a UNIX power tool! :-)

-sjk

--
Scott J. Kramer                         811-X W. California Avenue
UNIX Software Consultant                Sunnyvale, CA 94086, USA