Re: Help with auto-reply

1997-03-11 07:50:30
Trish Mendenhall wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Jim De Arras wrote:

Philip Guenther wrote:

[Please keep your lines around 70 some characters long.]

Get a reader that wraps long lines, don't expect the world to conform to
your reader's needs.

Jim

It's considered good, basic netiquette to use 70-75 character lines.
Don't expect anyone to take the effort to read your messages if you cannot
be bothered to format them.  If you wish to be heard and understood, it is
your responsibility to make your communication clear and easy to read.  If
you don't care, then don't bother to e-mail - obviously what you have to
say isn't even important to you.

Regards -

Trish

The world is changing, paragraph breaks are replacing line breaks.
paragraph breaks, rather than line breaks, and are therefore more
efficent  "netiquette" changes with the times.  If you cannot adapt,
don't whine.

My reader(s) can read both styles, without hassle.

Anyway, I've said my peace.  Do as you wish, as will I.

Jim