Re: Help with auto-reply

1997-03-12 04:12:00
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Jim De Arras wrote:

The world is changing, paragraph breaks are replacing line breaks.
paragraph breaks, rather than line breaks, and are therefore more
efficent  "netiquette" changes with the times.  If you cannot adapt,
don't whine.

Wow, you are using Mozilla and such for e-mail.  People who care what
others think of their messages take the time to configure such agents to
conform with the common standard.  They don't tell others to conform to
their desires.

Text based readers turn your examples of the future into a hard to
(read|respond to) mess.  Which many people jsut delete, unread.

My reader(s) can read both styles, without hassle.

Your reader(s) also do html via mail, and probably support sending styles
as well.  Two things that are an excellant example of why we need
procmail.  So we can filter out unreadable mail.

Just because Bill Gates has declared the old ways to be non-conformint
with what he likes does not make his way any good.

Particularly when you consider that a large portion of the world does not
have the software needed to view this crap.  Even useers of Dos and 3.1 do
not have the ability to read everything Bill says should be in e-mail now.