Re: Help with auto-reply

1997-03-12 12:46:36
wje(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com (William J. Evans) writes:
"Donald E. Hammond" <deh(_at_)openix(_dot_)com> wrote:
You wrote:
:On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Jim De Arras <jmd(_at_)cube(_dot_)WestLab(_dot_)com>
wrote:
:> The world is changing, paragraph breaks are replacing line breaks.
:> paragraph breaks, rather than line breaks, and are therefore more
:> efficent  "netiquette" changes with the times.  If you cannot adapt,
:> don't whine.

[snip]

:Welcome to my kill file.

I _very_ rarely do this with mail, but here's a rousing "Me too!"

Oh wow, I'm impressed and awed by how seriously you two take this matter.

HELLO????????  I did the equivalent of asking another driver to signal
their turns a little sooner in advance, and now people are acting like
kids who have decided to pick up their marbles and go play by
themselves.  Jim has expressed his opinion, which is his right, and I
disagree with it, which is mine.  I'll continue to read his messages
and possibly respond to them for as long as he doesn't try to force his
opinion down my throat, and I hope that he'll do the same.
Communicating with others means dealing with disagreements.  If you
can't do that then you've cut off your ability to learn and change,
which is what makes us alive.

The motto of Internet standards is not just,

        Be conservative in what you send

but also,

        *Be liberal in what you accept*

Feeling righteous isn't enough of a consolation for being alone.

I've set the Reply-To: on this message to point to me.  If you want to
discuss this, please leave it off the list.  I'll gladly read all such
messages, but I suspect they'll have little to do with procmail.

Philip Guenther