Re: Help with auto-reply

1997-03-12 20:10:29
Vince LaMonica wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Jim De Arras wrote:

} Netiquette does change and is changing.  And yet where have you seen me
} post a message outside even your guidelines?  I just expressed my

So now netiquette says it's ok to post private e.mail to mailing lists?
You really do have a screw loose in the head.

Mr. LaMonica, I DEFY you to show where I posted private e-mail, other
than that containing only my own words, and those of a robot filter, to
any group.  No, it's not polite to post the private writings of anyone
without thier permission.  But robots are not included.  IMHO, of
course.

In my 4+ years at NETCOM (and at cullasaja), I've only /dev/null'd
sp*mmers; congratulations on being the first human to be mail-plonked.

Considering the source, I accept the honor.

Vince (ashamed that his first message to the list in along time turned out
to be this off-topic; well, I *did* use procmail to reject his e.mail;
i'll post the small recipe here if anyone is curious)

I'm also surprised that a discussion about future e-mail formats would
somehow be off topic for a e-mail filter program discussion group.  But
I stand corrected.

And I'll drop it when allowed.  All you hiding behind your cute filters
do not allow this to go off-line.  Unless you just stop mis-representing
me in a public forum. Drop it.

Jim