Re: use autoresponders with caution, not with abandon

1997-04-05 22:18:00

On April 5, 1997, bodysurf(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com (Tim) said:
Things such a loop checking and automatically deleting emails bounced back
because the domain/user was invalid are, of course, part of the

Ah, but is there any way to check that the domain name is valid? You'd
basically have to do both an IP check and an MX check -- has anyone done
this already? Otherwise, Im thinking I could just look at the sendmail
source to see how they do it ...

-roy
           Roy S. Rapoport / rsr(_at_)aonix(_dot_)com / phone:415-543-0900
               Email rsr+services(_at_)aonix(_dot_)com for info on how
                to contact me, get my PGP public key, etc.
      Paul Vixie took my pen and all I got was this lousy .signature