Re: FESTIVE CHEESE BALL ! (fwd)

1997-06-24 07:43:00
On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Michael Fahey wrote:

Wotan <wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> wrote:

[text deleted]

When the mailing lists I subscribe to provide a shortcut for spam to get
into my mail - it pisses me off.  And I have to say I'm not the only one
who feels that way from reading comments in this list on this issue.

And while I am subscribed to several mailing lists, ironically, the
procmail list is the only one that dumps spam into MY E-mail folders.
Which really is unnaceptable.

Since there is a procmail solution to avoid such email (one that works for
me at least), is your problem one of principle?
Hi,
        I can't speak for anyone else, but I use Catherine A. Hampton's
Spam Bouncer, but I also block THE ENTIRE AGIS NETBLOCK (98% spam) and
about 100 other domains that I have received spam from that aren't in
Spam Bouncer.
        Because I WANT to look at everything that goes to the Procmail
list, stuff from the Procmail list goes straight to my Procmail folder.
There are regular contributors to the Procmail list that post from an
AGIS netblock, and I want to see what they say.

--Matthew Saroff
p.s. I missed the original Cheeze Block letter because my filters do
filter on bulk emailer headers first.