Re: Official "Junk" status

1997-08-07 00:01:00
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 01:44:38 -0300 (ADT),
Network Admin <netadmin(_at_)knotwork(_dot_)com> wrote:
OK then it sounds like that is what I am looking for. I ensure that all
mail sent out by the spamserver/junkserver is Precedence: junk and then it
is entirely in the hands of the users whether they choose to expend
resources on junk. In addition it would be reasonable to provide a
mchanism whereby customers of any ISPs I support (which all use procmail
as local delivery agent under sendmail MTA) can with ease choose the level
of junk filtering they wish personally to engage for their account. Hints
or entire .procmailrc files for that purpose are welcome. ;-)

It would probably be wiser to block spam domains at the SMTP level,
i.e. not allow them to send you any mail at all.

I have been gathering resources relating to junk and spam at my ISP
Knotwork site, htt://isp.knotwork.com, from some of the material there
referenced I get the impression that legally the main thing is people must

While this is fascinating, I think I'd like to invite you over to the
Spam-L list where these topics are more in focus than on this list.
    <http://oasis.ot.com/~dmuth/spam-l/#spam-l-subscribe>

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>