Re: Official "Junk" status

1997-08-06 22:13:00
netadmin(_at_)knotwork(_dot_)com continued,

| OK then it sounds like that is what I am looking for. I ensure that all
| mail sent out by the spamserver/junkserver is Precedence: junk and then it
| is entirely in the hands of the users whether they choose to expend
| resources on junk.

It should be noted that "Precedence: (bulk|list|junk)" is part of the
expansion of procmail's ^FROM_DAEMON token [but not ^FROM_MAILER], so any
procmailrc recipe diverting mail matching ^FROM_DAEMON to a folder for mail
sent by programs will put mail with junk precedence there.  Likewise a
* !^FROM_DAEMON condition on recipes for autoresponders will make it ignore
mail with junk precedence.