Re: Procmail difficulty in using "raw" mode

1997-08-07 14:37:00
Quoting Philip Guenther (guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu):
how are you trying to do it, and how is it not working?  If the
undescribed mangling ("this way" requires a referent) that your mail is
suffering is the transformation of lines that begin with "From " into
">From ", then you should remove the -Y flag from the procmail command
line.

I didn't get what the original post was asking either, but the above
is not quite correct. According to the man page, procmail will put a
'>' in from of "\nFrom " if -Y is specified _or_ if there is no
content-length header. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to work that
way. My procmail is prepending '>'s and there isn't a -Y on the
command line. (Yes, I tried with a mail that included a content-length)
Am I missing something here?

Mike Stone

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone(_at_)itri(_dot_)loyola(_dot_)edu            finger, or email with