Re: Procmail difficulty in using "raw" mode

1997-08-08 00:20:00
wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
writes:
Is it a regular mailfolder and not a directory or MH style folder?
Does the recipe have the 'r' flag, which also disables this?

All are regular mailfolders, i.e., single files.  None of the recipes have
an 'r' flag, but this comment inspired me to check the formail flags.
Wouldn't you know....  -b causes this irritating behavior.  However, only
one recipe has a formail -b.  (Not sure why that one has it.)  That recipe
only processes AGIS messages into a spam folder.  I am getting the
non-escaping in _every_ folder, including $DEFAULT.  For example, it
happens in my procmail folder, which was loaded only by the following
recipe:

:0:
| formail -A"X-Lists: procmail"             >> procmail

Put a -Y flag on the formail: it's my strong, though possibly addled
by lack of sleep, opinion that procmail never escapes "From "s when
writing to a pipe, so you'll have to force formail to do so if you
want such.

Philip Guenther