Re: Procmail difficulty in using "raw" mode

1997-08-07 20:39:00

What if "there is an existing Content-Length: field" AND the -Y option IS
specified?  This is my situation, and procmail/formail are NOT escaping
the embedded From lines on either input or output.

To quote the next paragraph on the manpage:

     If there is no Content-Length: field or the - Y  option  has
     been  specified and procmail appends to regular mailfolders,
     any lines in the body of the message that  look  like  post-
     marks  are  prepended  with `>' (disarms bogus mailheaders).
     The regular expression that is  used  to  search  for  these
     postmarks is:
          `\nFrom '

Is it a regular mailfolder and not a directory or MH style folder?
Does the recipe have the 'r' flag, which also disables this?

All are regular mailfolders, i.e., single files.  None of the recipes have
an 'r' flag, but this comment inspired me to check the formail flags.
Wouldn't you know....  -b causes this irritating behavior.  However, only
one recipe has a formail -b.  (Not sure why that one has it.)  That recipe
only processes AGIS messages into a spam folder.  I am getting the
non-escaping in _every_ folder, including $DEFAULT.  For example, it
happens in my procmail folder, which was loaded only by the following
recipe:

:0:
| formail -A"X-Lists: procmail"             >> procmail

I CC'd the list because I am not going to read mail again for
eight days.  (Wish I had studied the posts about vacation(1)
emulation)