Re: new to procmail

1997-08-21 07:24:08
On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Ken Hooper wrote (excerpt):

                 The only way to learn it is to set yourself up a
.procmailrc in some account where it won't molest innocent mail, and play
and play and play.

    Some people do not have and cannot readily obtain a second account
under un*x.  However, if a little spare storage space is available, I
think there is a simpler solution.  At the very head of all my recipes,
I have

#:0c:
#ZZ.backup   <---- name it whatgever suits you

Any time I fiddle with a new recipe or make a change I am unsure of
to an old one, I just uncomment those lines and save a copy of all
incoming mails.  Once things are OK, I just turn them back into
comments and purge all the mail in that folder.  Sure beats working
with another account.  As I recall, the man page has a more elaborate
setup for those who might want it.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart