Re: new to procmail

1997-08-21 23:27:59
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:40:13 +0900 (KST), Green Matheson
<grr(_at_)bora(_dot_)dacom(_dot_)co(_dot_)kr> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, era eriksson wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:38:40 -0400,
Timothy J Luoma <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> wrote:
:0c
Backups
That should probably be :0c: on the first line.
IN the man procmailex pages, there is no lock
on the backup file, nor on some of the surfing

That's because the example is writing to a directory. (I don't think
Timothy's Backups is a directory, but I could be wrong, of course.)

I have only one surfing example in my copy, which does have a lock.

files. Should I be locking all the files I'm
delivering into?

As a rule, yes. You might want to read up on the topic in the FAQ
(plug, plug): <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>