Re: new to procmail

1997-08-21 09:06:23
[Note the Cc: back to the list]

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:43:13 -0400, Jim Reisert <jjr(_at_)smc(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:16:01 +0300, era eriksson wrote:
If you really need mail to travel outside your own domain, there are
public bounce servers you can use
There used to be one at bouncer(_at_)bbnplanet(_dot_)com, but it stopped
working a while ago.  What are some others?

I have found these references:

  * The "Accessing the Internet by E-Mail FAQ" has addresses to
    various autoresponders which can be useful in and of themselves,
    but also work as a sort of bounce service. Particularly the anon
    servers could be a good thing to try. (Other autoresponders such
    as the ftp-by-mail gateways should of course not be abused just
    for testing your address :^)

  * The email4u guide (GHOD, I wish he'd call it something else!)
    lists these servers:

      To test your e-mail address send a message with any subject
      and/or body to these addresses:

      TO: internet(_at_)dummies(_dot_)com
      TO: echo(_at_)tu-berlin(_dot_)de

    I haven't actually tested either of these.

Both these docs are good sources of lots of information, although they
are primarily newbie oriented. If you have more links to services
and/or docs like these, I'd also like to include them on the Procmail
Links page I maintain.

Please be invited to visit <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>.

/* era */

Shameless self-promotion