Re: new to procmail

1997-08-21 09:38:21
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, era eriksson wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:19:51 -0400 (EDT),
Paul O Bartlett <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net> wrote:
 > On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Ken Hooper wrote (excerpt):
 >> The only way to learn it is to set yourself up a
 >> .procmailrc in some account where it won't molest innocent mail, and play
 >> and play and play.
 >     Some people do not have and cannot readily obtain a second account
 > under un*x.  However, if a little spare storage space is available, I

Huh? What'd you need that for? Just fire up procmail from the command
line and feed it a test message.

    Suppose while I am testing, legitimate mail comes in
asynchronously?  At some time or other I need to test a new or changed
recipe on *real* mail with my real procmail, not just some command-line
execution, as testing (or forethought) does not always cover all the
bases.  Using an up-front backup during testing ensures that no
legitimate mail is lost.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart