Re: Junk email relayed via procmail list ?

1997-08-24 11:37:48
On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 14:01:18 -0400, vikas(_at_)insight(_dot_)att(_dot_)com
wrote:
 Just received the following piece of junk-mail which seems to have been
bounced off (Resent-From) the procmail mailing list! (attached as a MIME
attachment)
The good samaritan in me just wants to pass this info along.

How very friendly of you. We all already received it once and it
wasn't welcome even the first time. Why are you resending it?

The geek in me would love to know how this sort of thing is done. i.e. how
can these scum use any arbitrary address to bounce off their trash ?

Read RFC822. Join the Spam-L mailing list if you're still interested
after that. <http://www.ot.com/~dmuth/spam-l/>

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--